There are days that I just wish I was a natural cook. I’m not. I have some friends that if you gave them an onion, a tomato and an apple, they would be able to create a fantastic meal for you. They would even have the perfect wine to accompany the meal. Not me, I would be left holding an onion, a tomato, and an apple. Mind you, I might be able to tell you of the Vitamin C deficiency people in the middles ages suffered from, all the while they had little red tomatoes chock full of vitamin c growing in pots as decorative plants! Or even I might mutter, you know under the correct conditions, some mushroom spores can sit dormant for decades, or even a century, and then still grow. Unlike any hopes of my culinary skills. None of this will get you a proper dinner though, I’m just not a cook. But I love going to Farmer’s markets and just having a mooch around and marvelling at the goods. I was at this little farmer’s market and found this mushroom stall from Vashon Island. What beautiful mushrooms! I have no idea what kind they are, but the colour just took my breath away! An aunt of mine would be able to tell you what kind, but only after a lecture. I’ll spare you that! So here’s to the cooks who would know what to do with these beautiful mushrooms other than throwing them in a frying pan with butter and onions!
Ted’s Day Out, a short story available on Amazon
Copyright Notice©Susan Sheldon Nolen All written work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the author. All art work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the artist.
Come join my Circle on Google +
- Maggie has the patience of a saint. Baby jack never dud get that chew from her!#irishterrier#foxterrier#foxterrier… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Jack starting to grow up. #wirefoxterriersofinstagram #wirefoxterrier#foxterriers#terrier#puppy#foxterrierpuppy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Jack exploring#wirefoxterrier#foxterriersofinstagram #foxterrierpuppy instagram.com/p/B5iNmGyFFJ1/… 1 week ago
- I can still see you! jack hiding.#wirefoxterrier#terriers#foxterriers #foxterriersofinstagram #puppiesofinstagram instagram.com/p/B5iL0OTlZz7/… 1 week ago
- Jack at 8 weeks of age. sweet bundle of trouble!!#wirefoxterriersofinstagram #wirefoxterrier#foxterriers#terrierpup… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago