I can’t tell you how many streets I went up and down searching for an interesting door. There was nothing about. The doors were mostly modern and not high art modern. Form I suppose must take precedent over interesting. The winters in Alaska need only one thing a good solid door to keep the cold out. I did find this little door in sad shape on a back corner in Sitka. The winter weather certainly has left its mark on this little door with its building leaning heavily to the left! But this door with the rust dripping from the handle is just the sort of door I would expect to find in rugged Alaska!
Ted’s Day Out, a short story available on Amazon
Copyright Notice©Susan Sheldon Nolen All written work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the author. All art work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the artist.
Come join my Circle on Google +
- This little wire fox terrier was used in a book illustration as a front piece. Ted’s Day Out.… instagram.com/p/Bf_ePogDg-U/ 5 months ago
- Asta, and The Thin Man. I loved this detective films and of course Asta. This was done in pen… instagram.com/p/BftwXFQjL5I/ 5 months ago
- The beginnings of a new painting. Sitting on the easel, waiting for the next steps, brickwork,… instagram.com/p/BfymVkkDUP9/ 5 months ago
- Newfoundland dog a head study in India ink drawn in pen nib after the style of Charles Dana… instagram.com/p/BeVgl08DJBA/ 6 months ago
- My kind of pub! Bar treats for my dog! #instagramers #instatraveling #holiday #travelblogger… instagram.com/p/Bcccq3ylRG2/ 7 months ago