As I was leaving Rochester Castle, I didn’t expect to find this door in the wall running around the grounds. The black dots on the door are actually large hard nails making it harder to break the door down, if one is walking about with a ramming post. The two windows side by side almost feel as if the person looking out might just be looking into the castle grounds from the outside and not from the interior of the wall! The windows are so close together, it’s almost as if they are huddling, feeling a little lost amongst the masses of stones making up the wall!
Ted’s Day Out, a short story available on Amazon
Copyright Notice©Susan Sheldon Nolen All written work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the author. All art work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the artist.
Come join my Circle on Google +
- Benjamin and Beatrix destroying the toy cow. Hard to believe how fast they are growing! #wirefoxterriers#terriers#p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- RT @AshleeMullany: The moment our @7NewsAustralia team is attacked by police. Cameraman Tim Myers has covered war zones around the world. T… 2 days ago
- RT @mollyhf: Minnesota State Patrol just fired tear gas at reporters and photographers at point blank range. https://t.co/r7X6J7LKo8 2 days ago
- RT @ChrisSerres: Regarding police behavior last night, I was twice ordered at gunpoint by Minneapolis police to hit the ground, warned that… 2 days ago
- RT @BBCWorld: Dozens of journalists covering the protests have reported being targeted using tear gas, rubber bullets and pepper spray Rea… 2 days ago