One cold winter day I was in a graveyard in Holland. I walked past a toppled headstone, leaves scurried past me dancing in the wind, and turned to see this great old tree offering comfort and protection. I have a great fondness for trees. I cry when I see an old one cut down. I love walks in the woods where quite often the trees are the only companions on a trail. They stand watching us throughout the centuries, and I like to believe, they sigh with compassion when another silly human walks past them. They shake their leaves and wait again.
Ted’s Day Out, a short story available on Amazon
Copyright Notice©Susan Sheldon Nolen All written work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the author. All art work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the artist.
Come join my Circle on Google +
- Hard to believe three weeks old . #wirefoxterriersofinstagram #wirefoxterrier#foxterriersofinstagram #puppies#dogs#… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Don't move almost got your whole head in my mouth!#wirefoxterriers#terriers#puppy#dogs#foxterriersofinstagram instagram.com/p/CFP7u6GDUSd/… 1 week ago
- @kimKBaltimore impressed with your ad!! 1 month ago
- @MOViN925 @BrookeandJeffy @ItsYoungJeffrey @hilariousjose omg the phone tap was brilliant this morning pure wicked… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @MOViN925 @BrookeandJeffy @ItsYoungJeffrey @hilariousjose Thanks its getting tiresome and I love your show 1 month ago