Doors- A Green Dutch Door

susan nolen's photograph of a dutch door in the sunlight

It was one of those beautiful sunny days and walking in the Hague I just had to stop and capture this door! The green door and its matching mailbox, and the plants glossy in the sunlight. I really wanted to go and put my name on this door. Open up! I want to move it!

About susan sheldon

I am an explorer. It's taken me awhile to realise this. But I love capturing bits of our wonderful world with my camera, travelling through time and history, always returning to write, or paint what I've discovered. I use my Leica and my iPhone to capture images, and with those images I try to hold on to a feeling, a moment in our busy lives. Sometimes those moments bring me into the past, others into the studio to paint, or back to the old typewriter to try to use words to capture what the camera has done for me already. One of my goals in my blog is to have a space to take a breath away from our frantic world. I hope you enjoy your time here. It’s such a privilege to have readers.
Gallery | This entry was posted in Architecture, Doors and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Doors- A Green Dutch Door

1. Carrie Rubin says:

I’ve always loved that shade of green. Just a tad brighter than Hunter green. Very pretty color for a door.

2. Morgan says:

Quite Lovely…I wonder if the interior is just a pretty 🙂

3. y. prior says:

great door – the window above it is neat too – and thanks for going us that mailbox in the shot – both are so interesting against the yellow brick…
    can I reblog this on the door blog?

4. alifemoment says:

A really nice photo, I like this green door style, so vintage so lovely !!! 🙂

5. y. prior says:

Reblogged this on The Legion of Door Whores and commented:
    Another cool photo from Susan Sheldon…

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w