I love doors that make me feel unsteady on my feet. This one is sloping down to the right. I promise it’s not me after a trip to the lovely pub just down the road! I am so tempted to knock on these doors and beg for a cup of tea. Are the ceilings inside slanted also? Some of these cottages I have had the privilege of popping inside, and the walls, the floors do all slope! If you are bothered with sea sickness…don’t pop in after a lager or two! But what a lovely little door with its stained glass in the little village of Wolvercote. Interesting enough this is a village inside of a city! Wolvercote Village is actually in Oxford England. The village is listed in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Ulfgarcote, in English…ahem.. the Cottage of Woolgar; or Woolgar’s place. In a way it’s a shame that the name had mutated to Wolvercote by 1185. I rather fancy Woolgar’s Place. It’s all very Harry Potter indeed!
Ted’s Day Out, a short story available on Amazon
Copyright Notice©Susan Sheldon Nolen All written work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the author. All art work produced herein is protected by copyright and can only be reproduced with expressed permission from the artist.
Come join my Circle on Google +
- Why is the box empty?#dogsofinstagram #akc #terrier #terriersofinstagram #foxterriersofinstagram… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- We had snow!#dogsofinstagram #akc #terrier #terriersofinstagram #foxterriersofinstagram #wirefoxterriersofinstagram… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- A safe place to rest.#dogsofinstagram #akc #terrier #terriersofinstagram #foxterriersofinstagram… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Sniffles? Lovely vintage linen handkerchief with of course- The WireFoxTerrier. Circa 1950 when white gloves for li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- The water is better up here! #dogsofinstagram #akc #terrier #terriersofinstagram #foxterriersofinstagram #wirehaire… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago